NOTE NEW DATES: The Southern’s 97th Annual Meeting August 17-20, 2020 (Vendor Events August 19-20)
Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf and Spa Resort
4114 Jan Cooley Drive
Panama City Beach, FL 32408
IMPORTANT: As this pandemic worsened, the Southern Executive Committee closely monitored the situation and its potential impact on our June Annual Meeting. We felt there was a high probability our June event date would result in cancellation or extremely low participation levels. As a result, we were successful in negotiating a new date with no penalty, the same room rates and meeting facilities. On behalf of the Executive Committee, we are hopeful you will put August 17th-20th on your calendar to come show your support for the association, our vendor partners and return to some normalcy and share some of the hurdles we overcame during this challenging time. – Scott McPherson, President, Southern Association of Wholesale Distributors
The Southern’s Wholesale Members sell over $50 billion a year in our 14-state region (and surrounding states). They all come together once a year at our annual meeting to conduct business, attend education sessions and network with the top manufacturers in the industry.
If you have already signed up to be a vendor, go to scroll down to the Confirmed 2020 Vendors section of this page.
Check out the 2019 Southern Annual Meeting Recap Video. (Run-time under 3 min.):
Annual Meeting includes:
- Guaranteed appointments with buyers during our Ten-2-Profit (B2B Speed-Dating) event.
- Opportunity to continue conversations at the “House of Deals” event the next day.
- Pricing designed to encourage families to attend the meeting with you – spouses and children under 18 are FREE.
- Streamlined process to participate:
- No dealing with a general services contractor
- No ordering expensive carpet / electrical / labor
- No booth to design / ship / set up / ship home
Our vendor partners are family here at the Southern. We have created an environment where business gets done and relationships get strengthened. We hope you will join us in Panama City Beach, Florida! If you have any questions, please call us at 770-932-3263.
- Attendee Registration– All confirmed vendors will receive a link to register all of their attendees. All attendees (including spouses and children) need to be registered so that they will have a badge ready for them when they arrive at the meeting in Panama City. A badge is needed to attend all events! Early June 2020
- Hotel Information – The Southern does NOT make your room reservations. Please reserve your rooms directly from the Sheraton Panama City Golf and Spa Resort by following this link. You can also call them at 1-866-912-1042. NOTE: The deadline for our group rate of $199++ is Monday, July 20, 2020.
- Shipping – If you would like to ship samples to hotel, please use the address at the top of this page and mark it HOLD FOR GUEST: (your name).
- Ten-2-Profit One-On-One Appointments – Remember, the Annual Meeting no longer follows the traditional tradeshow format. All 2020 Confirmed Vendors will be receiving a list of our Southern wholesale buyers on or before June 30, 2020 for ranking the order in which you would like to meet with them. Vendors will be provided a list of their appointments on or before July 31, 2020.
- House of Deals – The 2nd Vendor Event is the House of Deals event on Thursday, August 20, 2020. This is where the Vendors will each have a table and 8 ft. banner, provided by the Southern, and the wholesale buyers will move from table to table. If you are a returning vendor, then you will need to bring the banner that was created for you. If you would like to update it, there will be an additional charge. If you are a new vendor, we will reach out to you for logo or artwork for your 2020 banner. May 2020
- Onsite Vendor Directory – Be on the lookout for an email asking you to provide (or edit existing) 250 word Vendor Directory Listing along with a copy of your logo. late June 2020
- New Items Kits – New Item Kits are a great way to provide buyers with a sneak peek into the quality, effectiveness, and taste of your products. The exact contents of the kit may vary according to your business, product and/or service, but the result should always be the same – increased awareness, interest, and a boost in upfront sales. You will receive a list of Southern’s member buyers along with their mailing addresses. Early July 2020
- Magazine Advertising Invitation – This is the annual magazine that is distributed to all distributors, manufacturers, state associations and Board Members prior to the 2020 Annual Meeting. Check out our 2019 Southern Annual Meeting Magazine by clicking here.
Magazine Insertion Order Forms – 2020 Magazine is now CLOSED
For advertising information, please click the appropriate form (PDF file).