2016 SAWD Southern Showcase
Hilton Daytona Beach/Ocean Center
Daytona Beach, Florida
June 14-17, 2016 (Show Days: June 16-17, 2016)
Thank you to everyone who made the 2016 Southern Showcase the best show ever! None of this would be possible without the continued support of our Sponsors. We salute these companies for their commitment to the Southern Showcase, each and every year. Here are some of the highlights from the 2016 showcase.
This year’s exposition boasted 100+ exhibitors representing the nation’s top convenience store manufacturers and suppliers. We were very excited to welcome 17 companies who exhibited for the first time at the Southern. Thank you to all of our 2016 exhibitors!
Congratulations to our 2016 Award Winners!
- The Southern Liberty Award was presented to Jack Casanova (by Greg Martin).
- The SAWD Service Award was given to Marty Howell with The H.T. Hackney Company (by Scott McPherson with Core-Mark).
- The Allied Broker Representative of the Year was presented to Trey Williams with Thomas M. Williams (by Tom Brice with Lil’ Drug Store).
- The Snack Representative of the Year was presented to Tony Berryhill with Turkey Creek Snacks (by Michael Hughes with The Hershey Company).
- The Career Achievement Awards were presented to Bob Klein with ITG Brands (by Ricky Jones with Andalusia Distributing) and Dick Dunham with Stephenson Wholesale (by Jimmy Stewart, Stewart Distribution).
- The Southern Leader of the Year Award was presented to April Garver with SouthCo Distributing (by Paula Glidewell with Glidewell Distributing).
- The Hershey Leadership Award was presented to Paula Glidewell (by Michael Hughes with The Hershey Company) for her outstanding leadership of The Southern for the last two year.
In Memory of…
Tony Clanton, with Swedish Match.
Meetings with a Mission
Meetings with a Mission was designed to encourage connections between our attendees and those in the community of our host city. This year, we partnered with Halifax Urban Ministries(www.halifaxurbanministries.org). We are proud to announce that we assembled 300+ toiletry kits (items donated by BIC, Lil’ Drug Store, National Tobacco, Atlantic Dominion, Lyons Specialty, Core-Mark and The Southern), 150+ snack bags and collected over $2,200 in cash (and that was in addition to the $1,000 check from The Southern). Thank you to everyone who contributed their time, money and items!
Silent Auction and Raffle to Benefit the SAWD Education Fund
The Southern’s Education Fund provides educational opportunities for SAWD members, their employees and family members. We are very excited to announce that we again raised $13,000+ for the fund from the Silent Auction and Raffle. Thank you to everyone who contributed!
2016 Scholarship Winners
$5,000 – William Rudolph, son of Rohan Rudolph with M.R. Williams
$5,000 – Alexander Robinette, son of Leonard Robinette with The H.T. Hackney Company.
$5,000 – Madeline Wagnon, daughter of Michael Wagnon with Caldwell Wholesale
$2,000 – Kyle Rollins, Technical Scholarship, Swisher International