SAWD Southern Showcase 2015
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
June 9-12, 2015 (Show Days: June 11-12, 2015)
Thank you to everyone who made the 2015 Southern Showcase the best show ever! None of this would be possible without the continued support of our Sponsors. We salute these companies for their commitment to the Southern Showcase, each and every year. Here are some of the highlights from the 2015 showcase.
Click here to see the writeup in the July/August issue of Convenience Distribution magazine.
This year’s exposition boasted 100+ exhibitors representing the nation’s top convenience store manufacturers and suppliers. We were very excited to welcome 19 companies who exhibited for the first time at the Southern. Thank you to all of our 2015 exhibitors!
Congratulations to our 2015 Award Winners!
- The Southern Liberty Award was presented to Leonard Robinette (by Steve Kottak with R.J. Reynolds).
- The SAWD Service Awards were given to Chris Smythers with Merchants Grocery (by Steve Douglas with Douglas Companies) and Scott McPherson with Core-Mark (by Jeff Leischner with H.T. Hackney).
- The Allied Products Representative of the Year was presented to Mandi Clark with Dot Foods (by Tom Brice with Lil’ Drug Store).
- The Tobacco Representative of the Year was given to Victoria Person-Goral (by Tony Clanton with Swedish Match).
- The Career Achievement Award was presented to Ricky Jones with Andalusia Distributing (by Robin Ray with Atlantic Dominion).
- The Southern Leader of the Year Award was presented to Maria Miro-Narlock with Spotlight Innovation (by Leanne Jennings with J.L. Gaddy Wholesale).
In Memory of…
Tony Barone, former vice president of wholesale trade for Commonwealth-Altadis.
Herman Liebman, who spent his entire carreer (50 years) with Imperial Tobacco.
Meetings with a Mission
Meetings with a Mission was designed to encourage connections between our attendees and those in the community of our host city. This year, we partnered with Beautiful Feet Ministries (www.thefeet.org). We are proud to announce that we assembled 300+ toiletry kits (items donated by BIC, Lil’ Drug Store, National Tobacco, Atlantic Dominion, Lyons Specialty, Core-Mark and The Southern), made three blankets and collected $2,256 in cash (and that was in addition to the $1,000 check from The Southern). Thank you to everyone who contributed their time, money and items!
Silent Auction and Raffle to Benefit the SAWD Education Fund
The Southern’s Education Fund provides educational opportunities for SAWD members, their employees and family members. We are very excited to announce that we again raised $15,000+ for the fund from the Silent Auction and Raffle. Thank you to everyone who contributed!
2015 Scholarship Winners
Meghan Wingert, daughter of Robert Wingert with National Tobacco.
Katia Fralin, daughter of Karmon Fralin with Grocery Supply Company
Mary Martha DiChiara, daughter of Pete DiChiara with City Wholesale